About Online Banking
Is Online Banking Secure?
Absolutely. Each time you log into Online Banking, a secure connection is opened to the bank. This connection is protected using a "Secure Sockets Layer," or SSL, which is a security protocol that prevents eavesdropping, tampering, and message forgery over the internet. We offer additional protection to our online users with our firewall technology. Our firewalls monitor all data traffic to and from your online account, ensuring that only known users are able to gain access. Finally, our system will log the IP address from which you normally log in and if a login attempt is made from an unusual location you will be asked security questions that you set up earlier. (Please note: we will not install spyware onto your computer, but simply log the IP address of the computer you are using.)
Your accounts are secured by the individual ID and password that you select. Do not share this information with anyone you do not want to have access to your accounts.
What do I need to use Online Banking?
Online Banking requires:
- A Coulee Bank account.
- Internet access with a 128-bit encrypted browser.
Can I use Online Banking from more than one computer?
Yes. You can use our Online Banking service from any computer that has internet access and a 128-bit encrypted browser. For security reasons, if you do access your online bank account from a location other than your primary login location, you may be asked to answer a security question that you set up earlier.
Which accounts can I access through Online Banking?
You can view balances for CDs and IRAs, and transactions and balances for the following:
- Checking/Savings Accounts.
- Lines of Credit.
What types of things can I do with Online Banking?
- View transactions and check images
- Download transactions for use in your finance software
- View statements and notices
- Enter stop payments.
- Transfer funds between accounts.
- Pay bills and view payment history
- Set up alerts
- Pay bills and view payment history
- Set up alerts
Will I be able to advance funds from my loan or line of credit?
Yes, with approval from your loan officer you will be able to transfer to existing deposit accounts.
How current is the Online Banking balance information?
Your online banking current balance is a real-time balance. Your available balance may include any unused funds from your Bounce Protection or overdraft protection accounts, and may or may not include deposits made to the account (see your account disclosures for funds availability)
Can I make a payment on my credit card through Online Banking?
Yes. First, you need to sign up for Bill Pay with your online account. Then you can make your credit card payments and pay your other bills with this feature.
How Do I…?
How do I sign up for Online Banking?
Stop in to one of our Coulee Bank locations for an application, or apply now.
How do I sign in to Home Branch for the first time?
Home Branch customers should log into their account every 60 days, or their account may be deactivated. For security reasons and identity theft protection, Coulee Bank strongly recommends review of your account transactions on a regular basis.
- Enter your Home Branch ID: please use the ID provided in the e-mail you received (if you no longer have access to this e-mail, please contact us).
- Enter your Home Branch Password: please refer to the e-mail you received (if you no longer have access to this e-mail, please contact us)
- Click on the "Login" button.
- You will then be prompted to change your password.
How do I set up the Password Reset feature?
- Log in to your Home Branch account.
- Click on the "Options" tab.
- Fill in a Password Reset Question.
- Fill in a Password Reset Answer.
- Click on "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
- You will see a message stating, "Your Personal Question/Answer has been changed."
How do I use the Password Reset feature?
- Click on "Forgot Password?" on Coulee Bank’s home page
- Enter your Home Branch ID, your e-mail address (it must match what we have on file), and a subject for the e-mail that you will be receiving (so you know it is a legitimate e-mail). Click on "Submit."
- You will receive an e-mail with a link. You must click on this link within two hours of receiving the e-mail.
- You will be taken to a Password Reset confirmation page. Enter your Home Branch ID and enter the answer to the question that you set up previously.
- Enter a new password for your account
How do I change my login ID to something easier to remember?
After logging in, click on the Options tab. Enter your new ID, and then click on Submit. Your ID must be between 6 and 15 characters and contain one or more letters; numbers and the following special characters are allowed:
+ _ % @ ! $ & * ~
How do I change my account names so I know what they are for?
After logging in, click on the "Options" tab. In the Options menu, click on "Account." Enter new account names and then click on "Submit."
How do I view a check that I’ve written?
You can view any check that you’ve written and that has been processed in the past 60 days by clicking on the underlined check number under the "TRANSACTIONS" heading.
How do I download transactions into my financial software program (e.g., Quicken)?
- First, make sure your financial program is set up for downloading transactions from your financial institution. Check your software’s instruction manual or with the vendor on how to do this.
- When you log into your account, click on the down arrow in the "Select Options" box next to the account from which you want to download. Click on "Download," select transactions to download, and select the format.
- Click on the "Submit" button.
- The next screen will tell you how to save the transactions.
- To download directly into your financial program, click on the arrow and "Transactions from (account) in (QFX or OFX) format."
How do I access or print old statements?
You have access to two types of statements online.
E-Statements are just like paper statements, but in an electronic format. E-statements are available online for 2 months. To access and print an e-statement:
Plain text statements are also available online. These statements contain all the information of your regular statement but do not have any graphics or images. The plain text statements are available online for 12 months. To access and print plain text statements:
- If you are not already enrolled in e-statements, please view our video tutorial Enrolling in E-Statements
- On the E-statement tab, click on eStatements/Notices in the menu bar
- Click on the down arrow in the “View Statement/Notice For” box and choose which account you want to view
- Click on the View link next to the Statement you would like to view
- Open the statement and click the print icon to print the statement
- On the main Home Branch tab, click on Accounts in the menu bar
- Next to the account, click on the down arrow in the "Select Options" box and click on "Statements"
- Next to the statement ending date that you want to see, click on the down arrow in the "Select Options" box and choose the format you want (pdf is the most common format)
- The next screen will tell you how to download or view the statement
How do I put a stop payment on a check?
- On the main Home Branch tab, next to the account you want to put a stop payment on, click on the down arrow in the "Select Options" box and choose "Stop Payments."
- Enter date of check to stop (required field).
- Enter the check number to stop. If there is only one check number to stop, type that number in both the start and end number. If multiple, consecutive numbers, enter start and end numbers. If multiple but not consecutive numbers, they will need to be enter as single check numbers.
- For one amount, enter the same amount in "Begin" and "End" amount fields.
- Enter the payee of check (required field).
- Enter a remark to be read by a Coulee Bank employee.
- Click "Submit". You should receive a confirmation of your information. If something was not completed properly, you will get a red "X" by the missing information. Correct the information and click "Submit" again.
How can I search for a transaction or view a range of transactions?
You can conduct a search of transactions on all of your accounts, but are limited to your current statement cycle and previous statement cycle.
- On the main Home Branch tab, click on the account name you want to search.
- You can use one of the date range options listed, or click "Search" in the transactions menu to search by date, amount, and/or check number. You then have the option of sorting by the following fields: Date, Amount, Check number, and Credit/Debit.
- Select what you would like to see: Credits and Debits (All transactions), Credits only, or Debits only.
- Choose to view checks, electronic transactions, or both.
- Click "Submit" on the bottom of the page.
How do I set up a transfer or a recurring transfer between my accounts?
**Please note that transfers made to a STRETCH or HOME EQUITY LINE OF CREDIT can ONLY be transferred from the checking account number that is tied to the STRETCH or HOME EQUITY LINE OF CREDIT. These payments will be considered payments over and above your regularly scheduled payments that are automatically taken from your checking account. Your regular payment(s) will still be taken from your checking account to satisfy the regular payment.
- On the Accounts menu of the main Home Branch tab, click on the down arrow in the "Select Option" box next to the account and choose "Transfers".
- Click "New" in the transfers menu,
- click on the down arrow next to "Transfer Funds From", and choose the account
- Click on the down arrow next to “Transfer Funds To” and choose the account
- Enter the Transfer amount, choose the transfer frequency, date, and memo (optional).
- Click "Submit" when all the information is entered.
How do I modify or delete a transfer or recurring transfer?
On the transfers page next to "View Transfers For", choose the account that the transfer is set up for. The screen will show all transactions that are set up for scheduled transfers. Click on the appropriate area to view, edit, or delete a transfer(s).
Make sure you confirm your change(s).
How do I enroll in and set up Text Alerts?
Please Click Here to view the procedure
What should I do if I’m having trouble using Online Banking?
Call us at (608) 784-9550 and ask to speak to one of the online banking specialists and we will guide you through the solution. Also, you can click the Contact Us link in your online account, type your question, and send it to us.
What should I do if I forget my Online Banking ID or Password?
Call us at (608) 784-9550 and ask to speak to one of the online banking specialists for further assistance.
If you have forgotten your password, see “How do I use the Password Reset feature?” above if you have this set up on your account.