By signing an application and enrollment form (the 'Application') to subscribe to certain personal computer banking and related services offered by The Coulee Bank, a Wisconsin banking corporation, as described in this Service Agreement and Disclosure Statement (this 'Agreement') and as otherwise made available by the Bank from time to time (collectively, 'The Coulee Bank online banking service'), or by your initial access to the Coulee Bank online banking service, and in consideration of our allowing you access to Coulee Bank's online banking service, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Each reference in this Agreement to the 'Bank', 'Coulee Bank', 'we', 'us', or 'our' refers to Coulee Bank, a Wisconsin banking corporation, and each reference to 'you' and 'your' refers to each depositor, borrower, authorized signer, or authorized user for an account (as defined below) who is now or hereafter enrolled in any one or more of Coulee Bank's online banking services with respect to the account. Each time you use Coulee Bank's online banking service constitutes confirmation by you of your agreement to and understanding of the terms of this Agreement and any screens that appear on your computer when you sign-on to Coulee Bank's Web Site. This agreement will be effective as of the date of our acceptance of this Agreement as evidenced by our issuance of a password to you as provided in Section 3. Please read this Agreement carefully and keep it for future reference.
Coulee Bank's Internet Banking transmits data using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology that supports 128-bit key encryption. It is important to verify that a secure connection between your browser and the Internet Banking server has been established before transmitting any confidential account information over the Internet. An indicator on your web browser can verify this. Microsoft Internet Explorer has a lock symbol that appears in the address bar when data is being encrypted. When this symbol does not appear, a session is not secure.
Coulee Bank's web server does not connect directly to the Internet. It is buffered from the Internet through the use of a firewall. All access from outside the bank must go through this firewall, which screens the requests and allows only valid http traffic to reach the server. Coulee Bank's Internet Banking makes use of an ICSA certified firewall.
Links to non-Coulee Bank web sites contained in this site are offered only as pointers to sources of information on subjects that may be of interest to users of Coulee Bank web site, and Coulee Bank is not responsible for the content of such sites as we have no control over what is displayed there. Coulee Bank does not guarantee the authenticity of documents at such sites, and links to Non-Coulee Bank sites do not imply any endorsement of or responsibility for the ideas, opinions, information, products, or services offered at such sites. Use of links to any non-Coulee Bank site is solely at the user's own risk.
- Hardware and Software Requirements. To be able to use Coulee Bank online banking, you must provide your own computer or electronic device with a web browser and internet connectivity (the 'Hardware'). You also must provide the Internet access service required by the Hardware and/or the Software. Once the Hardware has been properly set up and Internet access has been established, you will be able to access Coulee Bank online services through the internet banking service provider (the 'Service Provider') that will act as an interface between you and the Bank. You are, and will remain, solely responsible for the purchase, hook-up, installation, loading, operation and maintenance of the Hardware, the Software, and the Internet access service (if applicable) to your computer or electronic device, and for all related costs. You are solely responsible for scanning the Hardware and the Software for computer viruses and other related problems before you use them.
- The Accounts. Generally. You agree to use Coulee Bank online banking solely for the services described in this Agreement and designated by you in the Application or subsequently designated by you as provided in Section 5, and solely in connection with each deposit account (collectively, the 'Deposit Accounts') and each loan account (collectively, the 'Credit Account') held by the Bank and designated by you in the Application or subsequently designated by you as described below (collectively, the 'Accounts'), except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement or as otherwise expressly permitted by us from time to time. Under this Agreement, there may be multiple accounts. You may add any account for which you or all of you if more than one, are depositor, borrower, authorized signer, or authorized user by notifying the Bank or by visiting any Bank branch office.
- Password. Confidentiality of Password. Coulee Bank online banking transactions or inquiries must be initiated by use of your Coulee Bank online banking password. We will assign you a password after we have accepted your Application. The first time you sign-on Coulee Bank's online banking, you will be required to select a new password. You may change your password from time to time, as provided in the Software. It is recommended that you do not use your social security number, birthdays, names, or other codes that may be easy for others to determine as your password. No Bank employee will ever ask for your password, nor should you provide it to anyone unless you intend to allow that person access to your accounts. YOU AGREE TO KEEP YOUR PASSWORD CONFIDENTIAL. USE OF THE PASSWORD BY YOU OR BY ANY OTHER PERSON WITH YOUR AUTHORIZATION WILL BE CONSIDERED THE SAME AS YOUR WRITTEN SIGNATURE AUTHORIZING US TO COMPLETE ANY TRANSACTION OR REQUEST COMMUNICATED THROUGH COULEE BANK ONLINE BANKING. You agree that any Coulee Bank online transaction or request initiated by use of the password will be subject to and governed by this Agreement.
If you authorize another person to use your password, that person can use Coulee Bank online to view any information or initiate any transaction on any of the accounts to the same extent as you, including viewing information or initiating transactions on accounts to which that person does not otherwise have access. As such, your sharing of your password is strongly discouraged by the Bank, and done at your sole risk and peril.
If a third party should gain access to your password, you alone are responsible for changing the password so as to deny the third party's access to your banking information. Given the electronic nature of these transactions, the Bank shall have no liability to you in the event a third party should gain access to your password through no fault of the Bank.
You should always exit Coulee Bank online after you finish viewing your accounts. Never leave your computer unattended while accessing Coulee Bank online. If you should, a third party may be able to access your accounts from your terminal, without ever needing to use your password.
- Business Days. Business days for the Bank and for Coulee Bank online are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. You may access the accounts through Coulee Bank online 24 hours a day, seven days a week, except that Coulee Bank may perform regular maintenance on our systems or equipment, which may result in errors or interrupted service. We may also find it necessary to occasionally change the scope of our services. Coulee Bank cannot guarantee that we will be able to provide notice of such interruptions and changes, although we will attempt to provide such notice.
- Online Services. You may use Coulee Bank online to perform any of the following services designated by you in the Application or subsequently added by you as provided below:
- To transfer funds between any Deposit Accounts, such as checking, savings or money market deposit accounts;
- To receive and download balance and transaction information for Coulee Bank accounts;
- To pay bills electronically from a Deposit Account that is a checking account with unlimited check-writing privileges;
- To transfer funds from person-to-person (P2P); and
- To receive e-mail from and transmit e-mail to the Bank, all as described in this Agreement and the Software. You may sign-up for or cancel any service by contacting Coulee Bank. As used in this Agreement, the term 'electronic fund transfer' has the meaning provided for that term in Regulation E and includes, without limitation, a bank transfer or bill payment (other than a bill payment made by check or other paper item), as these terms are defined below.
- If you are approved by your loan officer, you may use Coulee Bank online banking service to debit your line of credit, in an amount not to exceed the available amount (original loan amount less the current balance), with a credit to your related checking, savings or money market deposit account. In addition, you may also use the online banking to credit (loan payment) your loan accounts, in conjuncture with a deposit account debit. It should be noted you, not the bank is fully liable for any loan debits or credits.
- Transfers to and from Accounts. You may use Coulee Bank to initiate electronic fund transfers from one Deposit Account that is a checking, savings or money market deposit account to any other Deposit Account that is a checking, savings or money market deposit account, as provided in this Agreement. These types of transactions are referred to in this Agreement as 'bank transfers'. You expressly authorize us to debit the appropriate Deposit Account in the amount of any bank transfer initiated through Coulee Bank online banking by you or by any other person who is authorized to use your password. You agree that we may treat any such bank transfer from a Deposit Account the same as a duly executed written withdrawal, transfer, or check and that we may treat any such bank transfer to a Deposit Account the same as a deposit, all in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and your deposit agreement(s) with us.
- Limitations: Your ability to initiate bank transfers between Deposit Accounts may be limited by federal law or by the terms of your deposit agreement with us. Bank transfers from Deposit Accounts that are savings or money market deposit accounts are limited as required by federal regulation. You agree that we may, without notice or other obligation to you, refuse to make any bank transfer for security reasons or as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement or your deposit agreement with us.
- Time of Bank Transfers; Posting; Funds Availability: If you initiate a bank transfer of available funds on or before six (6:00) p.m. Central Time on a business day, the bank transfer will be posted to the Deposit Account on the same business day. If you initiate a bank transfer other than before six (6:00) p.m. Central Time on a business day, the bank transfer will be posted on the next business day. Transferred funds will be available for withdrawal on the business day following the business day the bank transfer is posted to the Deposit Account. For example, please refer to the following schedule for posting and funds availability information (intervening holidays will alter this schedule):
If bank transfer is initiated before 6:00 p.m. Central Time TUESDAY,
- Funds will be posted on TUESDAY,
- Funds will be available on WEDNESDAY.
If bank transfer is initiated before 6:00 p.m. Central Time on either SATURDAY OR SUNDAY,
- Funds will be posted on MONDAY,
- Funds will be available on TUESDAY.
Except as expressly otherwise provided in this Section, transferred funds will be available for transfer and withdrawal as provided in our Schedule of Funds Availability (the 'Schedule of Funds Availability'). The schedules provided in this Section are subject to the provisions of Section 15 and 16.
- Account Information. You may use Coulee Bank online banking to receive, download, and store or print information regarding an account that is routinely set forth in the statement for the Account, debits and credits made to the account, amounts and item numbers for items drawn on the account (if applicable), and the daily account balance (including interest credited to a Deposit Account and finance charges accrued on a Credit Account). If the Account is a Deposit Account that consists of two or more sub-accounts, the account information provided will be for the sub-accounts through which you have access to your funds in the account. All account information provided via Coulee Bank online banking would be current information, but is subject to further adjustment and correction. Because the information is made available to you is 'raw data' furnished through the Service Provider and is subject to change, we cannot assure you of the accuracy or completeness of the information and expressly disclaim the same. You will still receive your monthly or quarterly periodic statement of account (unless there are no transfers, in which case you will still receive a statement at least quarterly). Adjustments may have been made to your account in connection with the preparation of your statement.
- Bill Payment Service (iPay).
- Payment Accounts. If you have enrolled in the optional bill payment service (iPay), you may use Coulee Bank online banking to initiate payments from any Deposit Account that is a checking account with unlimited check-writing privileges (a 'Payment Account') to pay obligations owed to certain third parties in the United States, including, without limitation, any Coulee Bank mortgage, installment loan, credit card or line of credit account. These types of transactions are referred to in this Agreement as 'bill payments'. You may initiate individual bill payments and may pre-authorize recurring bill payments.
- Authorization. You agree that we may treat any bill payment that was initiated though Coulee Bank online banking by you or by any other person who is authorized to use your password the same as your duly executed written payment order or check, all in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and your deposit agreement with us. If you are a business and an authorized representative of yours uses your Bill Payment service to pay bills which are not yours, you assume the entire risk of loss and indemnify and hold us, our directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from all loss, liability, claims, demands, judgments and expenses arising out of or in any way connected with such use. The Bank does not have any duty to monitor payments made through the Bill Payment service.
- Time of bill payments. Each bill payment must be initiated a certain number of business days before the business day that you want the bill payment to be made (the 'Payment Date'). This number of business day is referred to as the 'lead time'. The first time you initiate a bill payment for a specific payee, the lead-time will be 10 business days. Thereafter, the lead-time for the payee will be four (4) business days for electronic payments and 10 business days by check, as noted on your online payee list. If you initiate a bill payment before two (2:00) p.m. Central Time on a business day, the bill payment will be deemed initiated on that business day. If you initiate a bill payment after two (2:00) p.m. Central Time on a business day, or on a Saturday, Sunday or holiday, the bill payment will be deemed initiated on the next business day. You should schedule each bill payment to be made prior to the due date of the bill payment. If you do not schedule a bill payment on time or if you do not otherwise initiate a bill payment properly, you will be solely responsible for any late charges, finances charges, or other costs resulting from failure to make the bill payment on time. You will be solely responsible for all inputting errors.
- Checks. If the payee cannot or will not accept a bill payment by electronic fund transfer from the Service Provider, a check will be drawn on the Payment Account for payment to the payee. The check will be signed by the Bank or its representative, and will not be signed by you; however, you agree that any check issued in this manner to make a bill payment initiated in accordance with this Section will be deemed authorized and may be paid by the Bank from the Payment Account.
- Returned or rejected bill payments. If a bill payment is returned or rejected, whether by the Bank, the Service Provider or any third party (including, without limitation, an intermediary bank or the payee's bank), then either the Bank or the Service Provider will notify you and you will be solely responsible for re-initiating the bill payment. You agree to furnish to the Bank and/or the Service Provider such information as it may request to resolve any error or inquiry arising out of your initiation of any bill payment(s).
- Cancellation or stop payment of bill payments; revocation of authorization. You may review, change or cancel bill payments online without an additional charge until two (2:00) p.m. Central Time on the business day before the Processing Date by following the instructions in the Software. The Processing Date is the Payment Date minus the lead-time described in paragraph C of this Section. On and after the Processing Date, you may stop payment of a scheduled payment by contacting Coulee Bank online Customer Service or by visiting any Coulee Bank branch office. However, you must call or visit the Bank at least three business days before the scheduled Payment Date. If you call, we will also require you to put your request in writing and deliver it to us no later than fourteen days after you call. We will charge you the fee set forth in our current Fee Schedule for each stop payment order you give. Except as expressly otherwise provided in this Section, stop payment orders will be subject to the applicable provisions of our Rules and Regulations governing Deposit Accounts (the "Rules and Regulations"). You may not stop payment of any type of online transfer other than a bill payment. You may revoke your authorization for future recurring bill payments by deleting the bill payment instructions, as provided in the Software, by notifying the Bank, or by canceling the bill payment service. If you order us to stop a bill payment three business days or more before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
- Inconsistent name and number appearing in a bill payment order. If a bill payment initiated by you describes the intended recipient of funds inconsistently by name and account number, you agree that payment by the receiving bank (which may be the Bank) may be made on the basis of the account number alone even if that account is not owned by the person named in the bill payment. If a bill payment identifies an intermediary bank or the payee's bank inconsistently by name and identifying number, you agree that we may rely solely on the number as the proper identification of the intermediary bank or the payee's bank even if it identifies a bank different from the bank identified by name. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you acknowledge and agree that your obligation to pay us the amount of the bill payment will not be excused in any circumstance described above and that you will reimburse us for any losses or expenses we incur as a result of our reliance of the identifying number provided in the bill payment.
- Person-to-Person Payments (P2P). P2P payments is a consumer product only and not available for business accounts. You have the ability to send real-time person-to-person payments using the recipient’s name and email address. The service also allows you to receive payments sent by other individuals. This is a one-time payment feature and cannot be used for setting up recurring payments.
Unauthorized use of the P2P system is strictly prohibited and is subject to prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and Title 18, U.S. Code §§ 1001 and 1030. We may monitor and audit usage of this system. You are hereby notified that the use of this system constitutes consent to such monitoring and auditing.
Transfers you make from a savings account through the P2P service may be subject to limits on the number of transfers that you can make within a calendar month or statement cycle. These transactions limitations are disclosed in our Truth in Savings disclosure.
Description of the P2P Service. If you have a Coulee Bank debit card, you may use iPay’s P2P service to send one-time transfers of funds to recipients with accounts at domestic financial institutions. You may originate P2P transfers by use of a computer or mobile device. To give notice to the recipient of a pending transfer you must provide the recipient's email address or mobile phone number. You may transfer funds to any account in the United States as long as the transfer is legal and allowed by both the sending and receiving financial institutions.
Representations, Consent and Authorization. If you have a Coulee Bank debit card, you will automatically be registered for the P2P service when you enroll in Online Banking. By participating in the P2P service, you are representing to the Bank that: you are the owner or you have the authority to act on behalf of the owner of the mobile phone number or email address you are using to send or receive messages regarding P2P transfers; and, you have obtained the consent of the recipients of your intended transfers. You are also consenting to the receipt of emails or automated text messages from the Bank or the service provider regarding the P2P transfers, and you are authorizing us to debit your account to complete any transfer you request. If you are receiving funds, you authorize us to credit your account using card networks/switches or the ACH network.
Eligibility. You must have a Coulee Bank debit card to use this service to send funds to a recipient. Any individual 18 or more years old with an account in the United States who may receive debit card or ACH transactions may receive funds that you transfer as a sender. Other restrictions and eligibility requirements apply as described in other sections of this Agreement or in other Coulee Bank disclosures. By using the site or the P2P service, you represent that you meet these requirements.
Transfers. You, as sender, may make one-time transfers by first selecting the debit card number linked to the personal account from which you wish to make the payment. You must also provide the recipient's email address or mobile phone number, which the service uses to notify the recipient of a pending transfer. If the sender and recipient are both Bank customers, transfers will immediately be debited from the sender's account and reflected in the recipient's account upon acceptance. If the sender and recipient are customers of different financial institutions, transfers will be debited immediately from the sender's account and will be delivered to the recipient's financial institution once the transfer is accepted by the recipient. The recipient must accept the transfer within 10 days, or the transfer will be cancelled and reversed. Once the recipient successfully accepts the transfer, the funds will be sent to the recipient's financial institution for deposit to the recipient's account. We are not responsible for any failure of another financial institution to timely credit its customer's account.
You acknowledge and agree that transfers will be completed using only the email address or mobile phone number for the recipient that you enter even if it identifies a person different from your intended recipient. Any name you select in the drop down menu will help you identify your intended recipient and display your prior transaction history, but it will not be used to process payments. You must accurately enter the recipient's email address or mobile phone number for each transfer. If you make an error in the information you enter, you are still obliged to pay for the transfer and related fees, if any.
Payment instructions you send relating to external accounts, and the transmission and issuance of data related to such payment instructions, are subject to the terms of this Agreement, the NACHA Rules and any additional rules of the applicable automated clearing house, as well as the rules of any applicable EFT networks utilized to automate the transfer of funds and governed by federal Regulation E (collectively, the "Rules"). You agree to be bound by such Rules as are in effect and revised from time to time. In accordance with such Rules, any funds credited to an account in a P2P transfer shall be provisional until the third party financial institution that holds the recipient's account has finally settled such credit.
It is the responsibility of the sender and recipient of funds to provide accurate information. You agree that as sender you are authorized to withdraw funds from the accounts associated with the debit card number you are providing. You authorize us or our service provider, directly or through third parties, to make any inquires considered necessary to validate your identity. This may include asking you for further information, requiring you to take steps to confirm ownership of your email address or financial instruments, ordering a credit report, and/or verifying your information against third party databases or through other sources.
You authorize us to debit your account to complete any payment instructions you initiate and pay any fees associated with a P2P transfer.
Sender Acknowledgment. By transferring funds through the P2P service, you authorize us or our service provider to send an email or text message instructing the recipient how to receive the funds that you are sending. You further authorize any recipient of this message to act on the payment instructions to receive the funds you are sending. You acknowledge that any party receiving the email message at the email address you provide, or text message at the mobile phone number you provide, may obtain the funds you are sending, regardless of whether they are your intended recipient. .
You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for determining the identity of the party who receives the email or text message and acts upon the email or text message in connection with your payment instructions. You also acknowledge that the funds may not reach the intended recipient because of errors made by you or the recipient, and you could lose all the funds that are transferred. The funds that are credited to the recipient account cannot be recalled by us. If you suspect that you have entered information incorrectly, call Coulee Bank immediately and we may be able to cancel the transfer. However, we have no obligation to attempt to cancel the transfer or to reimburse funds that were transferred according to your payment instructions. .
We may reject any payment instructions you initiate. In addition, if there is an error in the payment instructions, the transfer may automatically reject. If that occurs, the funds will be re-deposited back to your account and both you and the recipient will receive an email notification. We may terminate your use of this service for any reason including for attempting to make transfers with insufficient funds in your account.
Transfer Limitations. You may transfer up to $500.00 per P2P transaction. You may transfer only $1,500 in one day. We may modify the amount and frequency of transfers at any time for security reasons or due to your account activity. In addition, the receiving financial institution may have limits on the number and type of transfers allowed.
Fees. There are no fees for processing P2P transactions. Coulee Bank reserves the right to change at any time. Any fee, if applicable, will be removed from your account when the recipient accepts the transfer. Keep in mind that if you send multiple transfers in a day, each transfer may be subject to a separate fee.
When you initiate a P2P transfer, funds are transferred from the account to which your debit card is linked. If this account has insufficient funds to cover a transfer we may reject the transfer, pay it into overdraft (if you have opted in to our basic overdraft service), or, if you have elected our premium overdraft service, we may transfer funds from your linked savings or line of credit account to cover the overdraft. You will be responsible for any resulting NSF, overdraft or transfer fees that apply to your account.
Please note that your mobile carrier may charge you a fee for text messaging. Please check your mobile service agreement for details on applicable fees.
Timing of Transfers. We will debit your account immediately for P2P transfers you initiate. However, the timing of the receipt of funds by the recipient will depend on when the recipient responds to the email and when the recipient's financial institution posts the transfer to the recipient's account, which is dependent on what the receiving financial institution considers a business day.
Issues Affecting the Posting of Transfers. A number of events may affect the timing or success of a transfer reaching the intended recipient. Such events may include, but are not limited to, errors you or the recipient make in entering information, such as inaccurate account or card number information, delays in posting by the receiving financial institution, acts of God, and ACH or card network interruptions. If we believe a transfer may be illegal, we may decline or reverse the transfer. The receiving financial institution may choose not to post or to delay posting a transfer. We are not responsible for any delays in the transfer of funds or the posting of funds to the recipient's account. .
Financial institutions have rules and regulations that govern their accounts. Some of these regulations may not allow an incoming electronic transfer of funds. For example, a receiving financial institution may not allow electronic transfers directly into an IRA account. You are responsible for ensuring that P2P transfers are allowed for the account of any recipient you designate. We are not responsible for any action or lack of action taken by the receiving financial institution that delays, inhibits, or prevents the posting of a transfer to the intended Recipient's account.
Security. If you use this service you acknowledge that you will be providing information to our service provider from your mobile phone, tablet or computer in order to effect a transfer. If the receiving financial institution contacts us for information regarding your account that was used to send a P2P transfer, you authorize us to discuss the transfer and the account information you have provided in connection with the transfer.
- Text Banking. Coulee Bank Text Banking is a service provided by Coulee Bank. By using the Coulee Bank Text Banking, you agree to the following terms and conditions: In order to utilize Text Banking, you must have at least one Coulee Bank account. To apply for Text Banking, you must be the sole or joint owner of the bank account(s) for which Text Banking services apply and you must have full signing authority on the accounts. If there is any change of ownership of any such account(s), notification must be immediately provided to Coulee Bank. It is your sole responsibility to ensure your device(s) are compatible with and capable of operating in a manner that allows you to utilize Text Banking securely, including, but not limited to, installing current software manufacturer provided patches and current anti-virus/anti-spyware software. You understand and agree that any Text Banking transaction request which results in a negative account balance may be refused by Coulee Bank. We may send any Text Banking message through your communication service provider in order to deliver them to you. You agree that your communication services provider is acting as your agent in this capacity. You agree to provide a valid phone number for this service so that we may send you certain information about your applicable account. We will determine in our sole discretion what information we make available through this service. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liability, cost and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from your provision of a phone number that is not your own or your violation of applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance. Your obligation under this paragraph shall survive termination of the Agreement. Text Banking is provided for your convenience and does not replace your monthly account statement(s), which are the official record of your accounts. This service may not be encrypted and may include personal or confidential information about you, such as your account activity or status. You agree to protect your communications device that receives information through this service and not to let any unauthorized person have access to the information we provide to you through this service. You have the sole responsibility for maintaining the safety, security and integrity of the Mobile Device you will use to send and receive SMS messages. You shall bear the entire risk for any use thereof, whether or not you have authorized such use and whether or not you are negligent. If you permit other persons to use the Mobile Device, you will be held responsible for any transactions they authorize and we will not be liable for any damages resulting to you. You agree not to use Text Banking or the content or information delivered through Text Banking in any way that would be considered illegal. Receipt of account information through Text Banking may be delayed or impacted by factor(s) pertaining to your phone carrier or other parties. We will not be liable for losses or damages caused in whole or in part by your actions or omissions that result in any disclosure of account information to third parties. Also, nothing about Text Banking creates any new or different liability for us beyond what is already applicable under your existing account agreements. There is no separate service fee for this service but you are responsible for any and all charges, including, but not limited to, fees otherwise applicable to your account(s) and fees associated with SMS messaging imposed by your communications service provider. Message and data rates may apply. Such charges may include those from your communications service provider. Message frequency depends on user preferences. To cancel your plan, send STOP or SUSPEND to 69062 at any time or call (608) 784-9550. For help with or information on Text Banking, call (608) 784-9550. You will never receive a Text Banking message that asks you to send us any sensitive personal or financial information. If you ever receive such a request for sensitive personal or financial information - such as your Social Security Number, account number, password, PIN number, or any other personal data - do not respond to the message and call us at (866)-784-9550.
- Electronic Mail Service. You may use Coulee Bank online banking to send electronic mail ('e-mail') to us and to receive e-mail from us. The e-mail service may not be used to make bank transfers between accounts or to make bill payments from an account. E-mail transmitted by you to us via Coulee Bank online often will not be delivered to us immediately. If you need to contact us immediately to stop payment, to report an unauthorized use of your password, to report unauthorized access to an account, or for any other reason, you should call us at (608) 784-9550. We will not be responsible for acting on or responding to any e-mail request made through Coulee Bank online banking until we actually receive your e-mail message and have a reasonable opportunity to act. You should check your e-mail regularly; we will attempt to notify you by e-mail in the event of any technical difficulties or other occurrence that may affect your use of Coulee Bank online banking.
- Additional Services. We may, from time to time, make additional services available through Coulee Bank online banking. We will notify you of the availability and terms of these new services. By using these additional services when they become available, you agree to be bound by this Agreement and any additional instructions, procedures and terms provided to you with respect to each of these new services.
- Fees and Charges. In consideration of our making the Coulee Bank online services available to you, you agree to pay, and you authorize us to automatically debit to the billing account designated on the Application (the "Billing Account") during the first week of each calendar month, the following non-refundable charges for the preceding calendar month:
- A charge of $0.50 per bill payment made over the 20 per month free bill pay limit for consumer accounts.
- A charge of $0.50 per bill payment made over the 10 per month free bill pay limit for business accounts.
- These charges will not be prorated for portions of a month and may be changed pursuant to Section 21 of this Agreement. You will be solely responsible for all tariffs, duties, or taxes imposed by any government or governmental agency in connection with any transfer made pursuant to this Agreement and for all telephone charges, Internet access service charges, tools tariffs, and other costs for online sessions initiated by you. There may be other costs and charges associated with your accounts. Please refer to the service schedule for details.
- Errors and Adjustments. We agree to correct any error made in crediting or debiting any account by making the appropriate adjustment to your account balance. You agree to repay promptly any amount credited to your account in error, and you authorize us to initiate a debit transfer to any account to obtain payment of any erroneous credit.
- Account Reconciliation. The Deposit Account statements or other notices provided to you by us will notify you of (a) the execution of bank transfers or bill payments and the debits to the Deposit Account made with respect to such bank transfers and bill payments, and (b) amounts debited by the Bank from the Billing Account or any other account for payment of the services or other charges pursuant to this Agreement. You agree that we will not be required to provide any other notice to you of the execution of bank transfers, bill payments, or debits. You agree to promptly examine each statement for a Deposit Account and to promptly report any discrepancies between your records and the Deposit Account statements or any other notices mailed by the Bank to you, as provided in Section 17.
- Settlement of Obligations. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you authorize us to obtain payment of your obligations to us under this Agreement from time to time by (a) initiating debit or credit transfers to any of the accounts or (b) deducting the payment from the amount of any bank transfer or bill payment. When any payment or other online service generates items to be charged to your account, you agree that we many debit the designated account, or the account on which the item is drawn, without requiring your signature on the item and without any notice to you. Such obligations include, without limitation; fees owed to us and settlement for bank transfers or bill payments initiated through Coulee Bank online banking. At the time any account is closed (whether by you, by us, or otherwise) and Coulee Bank online service is terminated (whether by you, by us, or otherwise), you agree that all such obligations will be immediately due and payable to us, and you authorize us to withhold the amount of any such obligations from any account. Debiting an account or deducting payment from the amount of any bank transfer or bill payment is not the Bank's exclusive remedy under this or any other section of this Agreement, and the Bank will not be deemed to have made an election of remedies by making any such debit or deduction on any one or more occasions.
- Bank's Liability for Failure to Make or Stop Certain Electronic Fund Transfers. If we do not complete an electronic fund transfer to or from a Deposit Account in a reasonable amount of time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will only be liable for your direct losses or actual damages, except in the following instances:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in the Deposit Account (or any linked account) to make the electronic fund transfer.
- If the electronic fund transfer would go over the credit limit on any check overdraft protection line of credit account linked to the Deposit Account.
- If you have not completely and properly followed the terms of this Agreement or instructions provided by the Software regarding how to make an electronic fund transfer.
- If any data or instruction transmitted via Coulee Bank online banking are inaccurate or incomplete.
- If you do not initiate an electronic fund transfer according to the time limits set forth in this Agreement and the online Payee list, or if the payment amount requested is less than the full amount due.
- If the electronic fund transfer has been transferred from the Deposit Account to a third party, including, without limitation, any third party through which payment is made and any payee or its financial institution.
- If the Hardware, the Software, the Service Provider, or any part of Coulee Bank online system, including the bill payment service, was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started your electronic fund transfer.
- If circumstances beyond our control, such as an act of God, failure, delay, or error on the part of any third-party service provider (including, without limitation, the Service Provider, the United States Postal Service or any other delivery service), power outage, difficulty with telephone or cable lines or satellite communications, difficulty with any Hardware, the Software, or the Service Provider, computer virus or related problem, or cessation of the operation of the Service Provider or the arrangement between the Bank and the Service Provider, prevent or delay the electronic fund transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- If your funds are being held or frozen or are subject to legal proceedings.
- If the funds in the Deposit Account are unavailable (funds are only conditionally credited until they become available for withdrawal).
- If your password has been reported lost or stolen or if we have any other reason to believe that an electronic fund transfer may be erroneous or unauthorized.
- If you, any joint holder, or an authorized cosigner on a Deposit Account has requested that we stop payment of the electronic fund transfer.
- If you have exceeded the limitations on the number of withdrawals or transfers allowed during the statement period for the type of Deposit Account you have with us (e.g., certain types of savings accounts, including money market deposit accounts).
- If the Deposit Account has been closed.
- If we do not receive the necessary transfer information from you or any third party, or if such information is incomplete or erroneous when received by us.
-There may be other exceptions stated in this or any other applicable agreement that we may have with you.
- Limits on Bank's Liability. Our liability for electronic fund transfer made to or from Deposit Accounts is also governed by Sections 15 and 17. If any provision herein is inconsistent with any provision of Section 15 or Section 17 or any provision of applicable law that cannot be varied or waived by agreement, the provisions of those Sections or applicable law shall control. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will have no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, or claim arising out of any delay or failure in the performance of any Coulee Bank online service in accordance with the terms of this Agreement, including but not limited to, that resulting from your negligence. Our duties and responsibilities to you are strictly limited to those described in this Agreement, except with respect to any provisions of the law applying to electronic fund transfers that cannot be varied or waived by agreement. In no event will the Bank be liable for any consequential, special, or punitive damages or for any indirect loss that you may incur or suffer in connection with the service (even if the Bank has been informed of the possibility of such damages), including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees. The Service Provider is an independent contractor and not the Bank's agent. The Bank's sole duty shall be to exercise reasonable care in the initial selection of the Service Provider. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IS MADE BY THE BANK WITH RESPECT TO ANY COULEE BANK ONLINE SERVICE OR THE SOFTWARE, AND THE BANK HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES. The only warranties are those provided by the licensor of the Software and set forth on the Software package. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Bank shall not be liable at any time to you or any other person for any loss, charge, fee, penalty, expense or other damage resulting from any failure or delay of the performance of the bank's responsibilities under this Agreement which is caused or occasioned by any act or thing beyond the Bank's reasonable control, including, without limitation, legal restraint, interruption of transmission or communication facilities, equipment failure, electrical or computer failure, war, emergency conditions, acts of God, fire, storm, or other catastrophe, or inability to obtain or delay in obtaining wire services or Internet access, or refusal or delay by the Service Provider or another bank or financial institution to execute any bank transfer or bill payment. In addition, the Bank shall be excused from any failure or delay in executing a bank transfer or bill payment, if such execution would result in the violation of any applicable state or federal law, rule, regulation or guideline. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that the Bank shall not have any liability whatsoever for any loss caused by the act, error, or omission of you or any other person, including, without limitation, the Service provider, any Internet access service provider, any federal reserve bank or transmission or communications facility or any intermediary or receiving financial institution, and no such person shall be deemed the Bank's agent.
- Your Liability for Unauthorized or Erroneous Transfers. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to be responsible for all unauthorized or erroneous transactions initiated through Coulee Bank online banking if notification of unauthorized transaction is not submitted in a timely manner. You have the obligation to immediately notify the Bank if your password has been lost or stolen, or if someone has transferred funds from your account through Coulee Bank online without your permission (or is contemplating to do so). Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. The following provisions of this Section apply only to your liability for unauthorized electronic fund transfers. An 'unauthorized electronic fund transfer' means an electronic fund transfer from a Deposit Account that is initiated by another person without your authority to initiate the electronic fund transfer(s) and from which you receive no benefit. The term does not include any Coulee Bank online electronic fund transfer that is initiated by a person to whom you furnished your password, unless you have notified us that electronic fund transfers by that person are no longer authorized and we have had reasonable opportunity to act on that notification. We may require that the notice be in writing. You could lose all the money in your Deposit Account, some or all of the money in any linked account, or up to your maximum overdraft line of credit if you have a check overdraft protection line of credit. If you tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your password without your permission. If we are not notified within two (2) business days, and we can prove we could have prevented someone from using the Online Banking ID and password without your permission, you could lose as much as $500. If your statement shows electronic fund transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) calendar days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
In case of errors or questions about your electronic transfers, please contact us using one of the methods below as soon as you can; or if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Telephone us at (608) 784-9550 or (866) 784-9550
Write to Coulee Bank
Attn: Operations Department
1516 Losey Boulevard S, PO Box 845
La Crosse, WI 54602-0845
- Email us via the secure email provided within Online Banking or at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
Account Number and your Online Banking ID
Description of the error or what you are unsure about, plus an explanation of why you believe it is an error or why you need more information
Tell us the amount of the error
- For a Bill Payment error tell us:
Checking account number used to pay the bill
Date the payment was sent
Payee account number for the payment in question
We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten (10) business days after we hear from you (20 business days if the transaction involved a new account). If we need more time we may take up to 45 business days to investigate (90 business days if the transaction involved a new account). If we choose to take up to 45 business days, we will give you a provisional credit to your account within ten (10) business days (20 business days if the transaction involved a new account). Your account is considered a new account for the first 30 days following the date the account was opened. Your account will not be considered a new account, provided at the time the account was in question was opened, you already had an existing banking relationship with us. If we decide there was no error, we will furnish you with a written explanation within three (3) business days after the investigation is complete.
- Rejection of Payment Orders; Overdrafts. You acknowledge that the Bank or the Service Provider may from time to time, in its sole discretion, reject any bank transfer or bill payment request (any 'payment order') or return any bank transfer or bill payment (a) if there are insufficient or unavailable funds in the Deposit Account or the Deposit Account has been closed or is frozen, (b) if the payment order does not conform to the terms of this Agreement or the Software, or (c) if the payment order appears to be a duplicate, but neither the Bank nor the Service Provider is under any obligation to recognize that a payment is a duplicate and you should not rely on the Bank or the Service Provider to do so. If a payment order is rejected or a bank transfer or bill payment is returned, either the Bank or the Service Provider will notify you and you will have the sole obligation to remake the payment order in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and the Software. The Bank or the Service Provider may from time to time, in its sole discretion and without any obligation to do so, execute any payment order or make any bank transfer or bill payment even though an overdraft to the account results. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that neither the Bank nor the Service Provider will have any liability whatsoever for refusing to accept any payment order or rejecting or returning any bank transfer or bill payment. If an overdraft occurs in a Deposit Account, you agree to cause sufficient available funds to pay the amount of the overdraft to be deposited into or credited to the Deposit Account before the end of that business day. Any overdraft existing at the close of a business day is immediately due and payable without notice or demand.
- Disclosure of Deposit Account Information to Third Parties. You agree that we may from time to time disclose to third parties information about your Deposit Account or the transactions that you make through Coulee Bank online banking. We will disclose information to third parties about your Deposit Account or the transfers you make:
- Where it is necessary for completing bank transfers or bill payment or providing any other service in connection with Coulee Bank online banking; or
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your Deposit Account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant; or
- In order to comply with government agency or court orders; or
- If you give us your written permission.
- Other Agreements; Severability; Governing Law. The terms and conditions of this Agreement are cumulative with and in addition to any terms of the signature cards or account agreements for your Deposit Account(s), the applicable account disclosures, the Service Schedule, the Schedule of Funds Availability, the Bank's Electronic Fund Transfer Agreement and Disclosure Statement, the agreements governing the Credit Accounts, and the Application, all as may be amended from time to time. In the event of any conflict between this Agreement and the content of the Software or any related materials regarding the Bank's obligations to you, the terms of this Agreement will control. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful or unenforceable, each such provision or writing will be without force and effect without thereby affecting any other provision hereof. No consumer protection provision of the federal Electronic Fund Transfer Act or Federal Reserve Board Regulation E is intended to be waived by you under this Agreement unless law permits the waiver. The parties agree to be bound by the operating rules and guidelines of the National Automated Clearing House Association and the applicable local automated clearing house association as in effect from time to time with respect to all automated clearing house transfers made hereunder. This Agreement will be governed by the substantive laws of the United States, applicable federal regulations, and to the extent not inconsistent therewith, the laws of the state where our offices holding the account(s) is located, without regard to such state's rules regarding conflict of laws.
- Amendments. We may amend this Agreement from time to time. Each amendment will be effected by our mailing or otherwise delivering the amendment, revised agreement and/or notice thereof to you in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. If no federal or state law specifically governs the amendment, the amendment shall be effected by mailing or otherwise delivering it to you or posting it in our full-service branch offices at least 10 calendar days prior to the effective date of the amendment. Notwithstanding the foregoing and to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may change any term of this Agreement without prior notice or obligation to you: (a) if the Software or the Service Provider changes any term without providing us sufficient notice to enable us to properly notify you; (b) for security reasons; (c) to comply with applicable law; or (d) as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement.
- Termination. You agree that we may cancel or restrict your use of Coulee Bank online banking or any Coulee Bank online service at any time upon such notice (including e-mail) as is reasonable under the circumstances. You may cancel Coulee Bank online by written request, email, or personal delivery to the Bank at any time. If you cancel the bill payment service, all pending and/or recurring bill payments will be automatically canceled.
- Assignment. You may not assign all or any part of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our prior express consent, which may be withheld in our sole discretion. We may assign or delegate all or any part of our rights or obligations under this Agreement, including, without limitation, the performance of the services described herein. This Agreement will be binding on and inure to the benefit of the successors and assigns of either party.
- No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement is for the benefit of you and the Bank and is not intended to grant, and shall not be construed as granting, any rights to or otherwise benefiting any other person, except as expressly otherwise provided in this Agreement.
- CHOICE OF FORUM AND JURY TRIAL WAIVER. In the event any litigation is instituted to enforce or interpret the terms of this Agreement, you agree that the exclusive forum therefore shall be the Circuit Court of Any County, Wisconsin. In the event that the Bank is the prevailing party, the Bank shall be entitled to reimbursement for all reasonable attorneys' fees and costs incurred including, but not limited to, those incurred incident to any appeal. YOU AND THE BANK HEREBY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY OF ALL DISPUTES, CONTROVERSIES AND CLAIMS BY, BETWEEN OR AGAINST EITHER YOU OR THE BANK WHETHER THE DISPUTE, CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS SUBMITTED TO ARBITRATION OR IS DECIDED BY A COURT.
- Ownership of Materials. The content and information on our site is the property of Coulee Bank. It should not be duplicated or copied by any means.
- Mobile Banking. Coulee Bank Mobile Banking is a module of the Online Banking system via a web-enabled cell phone or tablet and provides a number of financial services to our customers. The Mobile Banking system currently may provide you with the following services to or between accounts already set up within the Online Banking program.
- Person-to-Person Payments (P2P)
- Payments to third parties or your Coulee Bank loans if currently set up with Online Banking
- Transaction history
- Account transfers
- Account inquiries, balances, rates, etc.
- Fees. There are currently no additional fees for accessing Mobile Banking. However, you may be charged additional fees by your cell phone provider based upon your individual plan. These fees may include fees for text messaging regarding your account and are the sole responsibility of Customer as a party to this agreement.
- Warranties. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES CONCERNING ONLINE BANKING AND/OR MOBILE BANKING SOFTWARE OR SERVICES OR BROWSER INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY PROPRIETARY RIGHTS UNLESS DISCLAIMING SUCH WARRANTIES IS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Browser Options. We recommend your browser settings be set so that your browser will check for new versions of temporary internet files every time you start your browser.
- Login Security. You will utilize your current Online Banking ID and password to access Mobile Banking. All security in place with your online banking remains intact.
- Security Procedures. The Customer has the sole responsibility to establish and maintain procedures to adequately safeguard against unauthorized mobile phone usage and/or entries from his/her phone. You warrant that no other person will be allowed to initiate telephone entries other than yourself, and you agree to take all reasonable steps to maintain the confidentiality of any user ID's, passwords, and related instructions provided by us in connection with the services agreed to hereunder. In the event possible, phones should be password protected to prevent unauthorized use.
- Bill Payments. You may make bill payments to those payees already set up in Online Banking. The Online Banking limits, scheduling of payments and fee structure remain in effect. These services are not affected by the Mobile Banking access.
- Ownership of Material. Coulee Bank's Mobile Banking is a product of MEA, Inc. Unauthorized reproduction in whole or part is prohibited.