If you have questions about mobile banking, we encourage you to view the following list of frequently asked questions. If you can’t find an answer to your question, please contact our customer service team at 608-784-9550 or 866-784-9550
About Coulee Bank’s Mobile Banking
What is Mobile Banking?
There are two types of Mobile Banking: the Mobile App and Mobile Web.
The Mobile App is a free, downloadable smartphone application for Coulee Bank’s internet banking.
Mobile Web is Coulee Bank’s internet banking specially designed for a mobile browser.
What kinds of phones or tablets work with Mobile Banking?
Coulee Bank Mobile Banking works with:
- All iPhones
- iPod Touch
- All Android phones
- Any phone with a web browser
Can I use more than one type of Coulee Bank Mobile Banking?
Yes. You're free to switch between the Mobile app and Mobile Web. Note that some features are only available on the Mobile app.
How much does it cost to use Coulee Bank Mobile Banking?
We don't charge a fee to access the Mobile Web or download and use the Mobile app.
What account requirements do I need in order to use Mobile Banking?
- To be enrolled in Coulee Bank Online Banking (it's free).
- At least one Coulee Bank checking, savings, loan or line of credit account.
- A smartphone or iPad tablet that can download an app or access the web.
Which accounts can I access with Mobile Banking?
Checking, savings, loans and lines of credit.
What can I do with Coulee Bank Mobile Banking?
With the Mobile App and Mobile Web you can:
- View eStatements
- Pay bills
- Transfer money between accounts
- See your balances and account history
- Find the nearest branch or ATM
- View eStatements (mobile app only)
Can I view alerts on my phone?
Yes. You can view Account Alerts and Security Alerts on your phone. Alerts need to be set up in Online Banking before they can be viewed via Mobile Banking. You can also choose your own Account Alerts to announce payment due dates, deposits or other activity.
Can I use Mobile Banking outside the U.S.?
Yes, as long as your mobile carrier offers Internet service in the country you are visiting. All additional roaming and access charges from your carrier will apply.
Does Coulee Bank offer Mobile Banking services in languages other than English?
No. Mobile Banking services are currently only available in English.
Security and Help with Passwords
Is my personal information safe with Coulee Bank Mobile Banking?
Yes. Your personal information is safe with us.
- We use advanced encryption and monitoring technology
- We secure your accounts with your unique Personal ID and password
- We never store your personal banking information on your phone
- You will be logged off from mobile banking after 10 minutes of inactivity or when your phone times out, whichever comes first.
What happens if my phone, iPad, or tablet is lost or stolen?
First follow all of the steps recommended by your service provider for a lost or stolen device. Next, log into your online banking account on a computer, click on the Options tab, and change your User ID if it was saved in your Coulee Bank app on your missing device. No other personal information is able to be saved to your device through the Coulee Bank app.
What if I forgot my Password or need to unlock my account?
To reset your Password, simply go to CouleeBank.net on a computer, go to the Home Branch login area on the right hand side of the page, and click on "Forgot Password?", or call us at (608) 784-9550 or 866-784-9550.
How do I know I'm downloading the real app?
It's important to download mobile apps from reputable sources only. Make sure Coulee Bank is listed as the app publisher or seller in the app store or download site. If you have suspicions about the authenticity of a mobile banking app, call the Operations department at 866-784-9550.
What is Coulee Bank Bill Pay?
Bill Pay is a free service that lets you make payments to anyone in the U.S. from your Coulee Bank checking account.
How much does it cost to use Bill Pay?
Coulee Bank Bill Pay is free for the first 20 payments per month. Each payment after the first 20 in a month will be charged a fee of $.50 per payment.
How do I sign up for Coulee Bank Bill Pay?
You can sign up by sending a secure message through Home Branch via a computer or request in person at one of Coulee Bank’s branches.
How do I use Coulee Bank Bill Pay?
Once you've signed up for Bill Pay and set up your payees via a computer, you can make payments with the Coulee Bank Mobile app or Mobile Web.
Follow these simple steps to pay your bill(s) using Mobile Banking:
- From the "Bill Pay Menu", select "One Time Payment"
- Enter information for Payee, Account, Date, and Amount. Click on "Submit"
- Most electronic payments can be made in 2-3 business days and check payments can be made in 5-7 business days.
- To remove the bill payment, select "Scheduled Payment", swipe and select "Delete"
Are there a limited number of payments I can make with Bill Pay?
No. There is no limit to the number of bills you can pay, however, only the first 20 bill payments per month are free. Each payment made in a month over the 20 free payments will incur a $0.50 charge.
How do I add a payee in Mobile Banking?
Note that if you choose “Add an Electronic Payee” but the payee is not in the electronic database, the payee will automatically be added as an individual/check payee
- From the Bill Pay Menu, select “Add Payees”
- Choose either “Add an Individual Payee” or “Add an Electronic Payee”
- Enter the payee information, including the payee name, alias (used for your identification purposes only), account number, address, city, state and zip code
- Click on Submit
How do I change or deleta a payee?
Changing a payee can only be done through Online Banking Home Branch via a computer.
To delete a payee, follow these steps:
- From the Bill Pay Menu, select “Delete Payees”
- Swipe the payee to the left
- Click delete
- Click OK to verify the deletion
How do I schedule a recurring payment?
Scheduling a recurring payment can only be done through Online Banking Home Branch via a computer.
What is Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit, available through the Coulee Bank Mobile app, lets you make a deposit from your iPhone, iPad or Android smartphone by taking a picture of your check.
Is Mobile Deposit available on Mobile Web and/or the Mobile App?
Mobile Deposit is available through the Mobile app only, not through Coulee Bank Mobile Web.
Which smartphones or devices work with Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit supports:
- All iPhone models 3 and above (3Gs, 4, 4S and 5)
- iPod touch (3rd, 4th and 5th generations)
- iPad with iOS 5.0 or later (Mobile Deposit requires a camera to function correctly)
- Android versions 1.6 and above
How much does it cost to deposit checks using Mobile Deposit?
There is no cost to make a mobile deposit.
What are the limits for the number and dollar amount of deposits?
Deposits are limited to 3 checks per day for an aggregate total of $2,500 and 15 checks per month for an aggregate total of $7,500.
What is the deposit cut-off time for Mobile Deposit?
The deposit cut-off time is 5:00 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday. If you submit a mobile deposit after 5:00 p.m., or on a non-business day or federal holiday, your deposit will be processed the next business day.
Which accounts can I use to make deposits?
Only your primary checking account will be eligible to accept deposits. An eligible account must have no more than two Returned Deposited items within a three-month period. Accounts undergoing fraud investigations may be removed from Mobile Deposit.
Is Mobile Deposit available for business accounts?
A separate Mobile Deposit product is available for qualified business accounts. Please contact your account officer for more details.
How do I sign up for Mobile Deposit?
Within the mobile app, select "Mobile Deposit" on the left sidebar. Enter the three pieces of information. Once you have selected "submit" your application will be sent for processing. Processing could take up to 2-3 business days. You will be notified via email once your application has been approved. To be eligible for Mobile Deposit:
- Your account must be open for a minimum of 30 days
- Your account must be in good standing
- You must agree to the terms in the Mobile Deposit Agreement
How do I use Mobile Deposit?
To use Mobile Deposit follow these steps:
- From the "Mobile Deposit" screen select "Deposit Check"
- Select the Account you’d like to use for the deposit
- Select "I Agree" to the Mobile Deposit Verification
- Enter the amount of your deposit
- Make sure the front of your check is clearly visible, select "Front Image" to snap a picture of your check
- Ensure the back of your check is visible and that it has been signed, select "Back Image" to snap an image of the reverse side of the check
- Select "Continue" to review the accuracy of your deposit
- Select "Submit" to complete the deposit of the check to your account
- A Mobile Deposit Confirmation Message will pop up with a Reference Number, press OK
- You are able to view the Mobile Deposit by selecting Transactions within the Mobile Deposit screen
Should I take a picture of the front and back of my check?
Yes. Both images are required to make the deposit.
Do I need to sign the back of my check?
Yes. Please sign the back of your check and write "for deposit only at Coulee Bank".
Why am I being told the picture of my check has "poor image quality"?
To improve the image quality of the check, ensure the following:
- There is a strong wireless Internet connection
- The picture, including your signature, is clear
- All four corners of the check are showing
- The lighting is strong enough to see the check details
- Your check is placed on a dark background
- The picture is taken from directly above the check while holding the camera very still
Why does the picture of my check look stretched?
Although the image appears stretched, the deposit will still be accepted and processed. Be sure to verify the details of the check to see if the image captured the correct information.
What do I do if Mobile Deposit crashes?
Mobile Deposit may crash due to low memory. You can try these suggestions:
- Close all applications and try again
- Restart the device
- Make sure you have updated your Mobile app to the latest version
Updates to the Mobile App
Why should I update the Coulee Bank Mobile app version?
We continuously add performance improvements as well as new features and services.
How do I update my Coulee Bank Mobile app version?
First check your device or app store for notices about version updates. If an update is available, follow the simple instructions.
Calling for Help
Who do I call for help?
Please call 866-784-9550. We're ready to help. If you're having technical issues with your phone or have questions about mobile data access or data charges on your phone bill, please contact the customer service department of your mobile service provider.