Personal Online Banking
Bank where you want, when you want, with our FREE Online Banking. Check your account activity, balances, transfer funds between accounts, pay down or advance on your line of credit, view your check images, set-up and make recurring payments and receive your monthly statement all online.
To help you get started, we've listed the most common questions regarding online banking below. Call our Operations Department at (608) 784-9550 or e-mail us if you have more questions or need help setting-up your account online.
If you have questions regarding your PIN, click here.
Click the categories below to expand for more details.
What do I need to use Online Banking?
Online Banking requires:
- A Coulee Bank account.
- Internet access with a 128-bit encrypted browser.
How do I sign-up for Online Banking?
Stop-in to one of our Coulee Bank locations for an application, or review the disclosures and apply online here.
Can I use Online Banking from more than one computer?
Yes. You can use our Online Banking service from any computer that has internet access and a 128-bit encrypted browser. For security reasons, if you do access your online bank account from a location other than your primary login location, you will be asked to answer a security question that you set-up earlier.
First time signing-in to Home Branch?
- Enter your Home Branch ID: please use the ID provided in the e-mail you received (if you no longer have access to this e-mail, please contact us).
- Enter your Home Branch PIN: please refer to the e-mail you received (if you no longer have access to this e-mail, please contact us)
- Click on the "Login" button.
- You will then be prompted to change your PIN.
Home Branch customers are required to login to their account every 60 days, or their account may be deactivated. For security reasons and identity theft protection, Coulee Bank strongly recommends review of your account transactions on a regular basis.
Troubleshooting and Security
Is Online Banking secure?
Absolutely. Each time you log-in to Online Banking, a secure connection is opened to the bank. This connection is protected using a "Secure Sockets Layer," or SSL, which is a security protocol that prevents eavesdropping, tampering, and message forgery over the internet. We offer additional protection to our online users with our firewall technology. Our firewalls monitor all data traffic to and from your online account, ensuring that only known users are able to gain access. The full SSL specification can be reviewed here. Finally, our system will log the IP address from which you normally log-in and if a login attempt is made from an unusual location you will be asked a security question that you set-up earlier. (Please note: we will not install spyware onto your computer, but simply log the IP address of the computer you are using.)
How secure are my accounts?
Your accounts are secured by the individual ID and PIN that you select. Do not share this information with anyone you do not want to have access to your accounts.
What should I do if I forget my Online Banking ID or PIN?
If you forget your ID or forget your PIN and have not set-up your PIN Reset call us at (608) 784-9550 and we will assist you. To set-up your PIN Reset or to use PIN Reset after you have set it up, follow the direction below.
To set up the PIN Reset:
- Login to your Home Branch account.
- Click on the "Options" tab.
- Fill in a PIN Reset Question.
- Fill in a PIN Reset Answer.
- Click on "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
- You will see a green bar information message stating, "Your Personal Question/Answer has been changed."
To use the PIN Reset if you have forgotten your Home Branch PIN (after you have set up the PIN Reset feature):
- Click on "Forgot PIN?" on the Coulee Bank website (below the Home Branch ID box) or on "Reset PIN" on the page to enter your PIN if you have already proceeded to this page.
- Enter your Home Branch ID, your e-mail address (it must match what we have on file), and a subject for the e-mail that you will be receiving (so you know it is a legitimate e-mail from Coulee Bank). Click on "Submit."
- You will receive an e-mail with a link. You must click on this link within two hours of receiving the e-mail.
- You will be taken to a PIN Reset confirmation page. Enter your Home Branch ID and enter the answer to the question that you set-up previously.
- You will now be taken to a page to choose a new PIN. Enter a new PIN that is 6-15 alphnumeric characters long and contains at least one number and one letter. Re-enter this PIN in the second box and click on "Submit".
- You will receive a screen stating that your PIN has been successfully updated.
What should I do if I’m having trouble using Online Banking?
Call us at (608) 784-9550 and ask to speak to one of the online banking specialists and we will guide you through the solution. Also, you can click the e-mail button in your online account, type your question, and send it to us. The e-mail will then be routed directly to Coulee Bank, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
What if I have trouble signing-in when I first use Online Banking?
You may need to update your browser by following the instructions on the opening screen.
Which accounts can I access through Online Banking?
You can view all transactions for your checking accounts. You can see balances for the following:
- Checking/Savings Accounts.
- Lines of Credit.
How current is the Online Banking balance information?
The current balance is the balance in your account at the end of the previous business day (3:00 p.m. CST). The available balance you see includes direct deposits and automatic withdrawals, ATM transactions, and debit card transactions as of the current processing day. This balance will also reflect any transactions or transfers made throughout the day online or at the bank itself.
What types of things can I do with Online Banking?
After logging-in to your online account, you will see a list of your accounts. On the main page you can choose from the following:
- Bill Payment: allows you to add payees, add and submit payments, and view payment history.
- Options: allows you to change your personal ID or PIN, reset your login count, change your account names, and change your alerts and display options.
When you select an account from the account listing on the main page, you will have the following options:
- View transactions, where you can click on a specific check number to view its image or view a range of transactions between dates.
- Download transactions for use in your finance programs.
- View past statements.
- Enter stop payments.
- Transfer funds from the chosen account.
How do I view a check that I’ve written?
You can view any check that you’ve written and that has been processed in the past 30 days by clicking on the underlined check number under the "TRANSACTIONS" heading.
Will I be able to advance funds from my loan or line of credit?
Yes, with approval from your loan officer you will be able to transfer to existing deposit accounts.
How do I change my login ID to something easier to remember?
After logging-in, click on the Options tab. Enter your new ID, and then click on Submit. Your ID must be between 6 and 15 characters and contain one or more letters; numbers and the following special characters are allowed:
+ _ % @ ! $ & * ~
How do I change my account names so I know what they are for?
After logging-in, click on the "Options" tab. In the Options menu, click on "Account." Enter new account names and then click on "Submit."
How do I download transactions into my financial software program
(e.g., Quicken or Microsoft Money)?
- First, make sure your financial program is set-up for downloading transactions from your financial institution. Check your software’s instruction manual or with the vendor on how to do this.
- When you log into your account, click on the down arrow in the "Select Options" box next to the account from which you want to download. Click on "Download," select transactions to download, and select the format.
- Click on the "Submit" button.
- The next screen will tell you how to save the transactions.
- To download directly into your financial program, click on the arrow and "Transactions from (account) in (QFX or OFX) format."
How can I access or print old statements?
On the main Home Branch tab, next to the account, click on the down arrow in the "Select Options" box and click on "Statements." Next to the statement ending date that you want to see, click on the down arrow in the "Select Options" box and choose the format you want. The next screen will tell you how to download or view the statement.
Can I make a payment on my credit card through Online Banking?
Yes. First, you need to sign-up for Bill Pay with your online account. Then you can make your credit card payments and pay your other bills with this feature. If you chose not to enroll in this option, you can go to MyCardStatement.com, log into the site and select "Pay Bill Online," located on the left of the page. Just follow the directions to make your payment.
How do I put a stop payment on a check?
- On the main Home Branch tab, next to the account you want to put a stop payment on, click on the down arrow in the "Select Options" box and choose "Stop Payments."
- Enter date of check to stop (required field).
- Enter the check number to stop. If there is only one check number to stop, type that number in both the start and end number. If multiple and consecutive, enter start and end number. If multiple and not consecutive, enter as single check number.
- For one amount, enter the same amount in "Begin" and "End" amount fields.
- Enter the payee of check (required field).
- Enter a remark to be read by a Coulee Bank employee.
- Click "Submit". You should receive a confirmation of your information. If something was not completed properly, you will get a red "X" by the missing information. You then correct the information and click "Submit" again.
How can I search for a transaction or view a range of transactions?
You can conduct a search of transactions on all of your accounts, but are limited to your current statement cycle and previous statement cycle.
- On the main Home Branch tab, click on the account name you want to search.
- You can use one of the date range options listed, or click "Search" in the transactions menu to search by date, amount, and/or check number. You then have the option of sorting by the following fields: Date, Amount, Check number, and Credit/Debit.
- Select what you would like to see: Credits and Debits (All transactions), Credits only, or Debits only.
- Choose to view checks, electronic transactions, or check both.
- Click "Submit" on the bottom of the page.
How do I set-up a transfer or a recurring transfer between my accounts?
On the main Home Branch tab, click on the down arrow in the "Select Option" box next to the account that you would like to have the funds come out of. Select "Transfers". Click "New" in the transfers menu, click on the down arrow next to "Transfer Funds From", and choose the account where you want the funds to come out of. Click "Submit" when all the information is entered.
How do I modify or delete a transfer or recurring transfer?
On the transfers page next to "View Transfers For", choose the account that the transfer is set up for. The screen will show all transactions that are set up for scheduled transfers. Click on the appropriate area to view, edit, or delete a transfer(s).
Make sure you confirm your change(s).
**Please note that transfers made to a STRETCH or HOME EQUITY LINE OF CREDIT can ONLY be transferred from the checking account number that is tied to the STRETCH or HOME EQUITY LINE OF CREDIT. These payments will be considered payments over and above your regularly scheduled payments that are automatically taken from your checking account. Your regular payment(s) will still be taken from your checking account to satisfy the regular payment.